Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Scary Dream

Attacked by an unseen force I called out loudly until I awoke to Maharha shaking me,” Wake up! Wake up! It's OK! You're here!”
“That was SUCH A WEIRD AND SCARY DREAM. I'm glad you were here to wake me up.”           
“I've never heard you scream like that. There was terror in your voice.”                 
“Sorry about that. It must have been scary for you too. In the dream there was no one nearby and I had to shout for help. I haven't been scared in a dream like that since I was a little kid”

I was a afraid to go back to sleep again. Instead, I looked up the following quote from my guru, written in 1962;

"A forgetful, conditioned soul is fearful. But a liberated soul is never fearful, just as a small child completely dependent on the mercy of his father is never fearful of anyone. Fearfulness is a sort of illusion for the living being when he is in slumber and forgetting his eternal relation with the Lord. Since the living being is never to die by his constitution, as stated in Bhagavad-gītā (2.20), then what is the cause of fearfulness? A person may be fearful of a tiger in a dream, but another man who is awake by his side sees no tiger there. The tiger is a myth for both of them, namely the person dreaming and the person awake, because actually there is no tiger; but the man forgetful of his awakened life is fearful, whereas the man who has not forgotten his position is not at all fearful."
AC Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada, Srimad Bhagavatam 1/14/38 commentary
 http://vedabase.com/en/sb/1/14/38



No comments:

Post a Comment