Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Granny Wisdom

"There's no issue that can't be resolved."
"Do you really believe that?" I asked. I was speaking with a family friend, a grandmother. She's raised kids and faced severe challenges. I wanted to hear her 'granny wisdom'. 
Did she honestly feel there is hope for everyone?
"Yes, I thoroughly believe it." she replied.
She's hasn't led an easy life, much of it spent as a single mom.
"How? After all you've been through? I don't want to cause doubt in your mind. If I understand your conviction it might affect me."
"Inside everyone there is a place" she answered," that's not touched by darkness.You can call it God, Krishna, Common Sense, Your Inner Self, whatever you want to call it," she continued," but it's there in everyone. It responds to love."
Her conviction had the effect I was hoping for.

I'm confident you will find similar teachings in every Wisdom Book. Bhagavad Gita's conclusion advises us to fully deliberate on the lesson and then do as we choose. But like a doting father sending his child off into the world, Krishna nudges us and winks, "Follow my advice and you'll have nothing to fear." Then He pulls us close, whispering in our ear with emotion, "Hey, I really love you and am always here for you."
He's addressing that place in us that is not touched by darkness.


Bhagavad Gita Chapter 18, text 63- 66
http://vedabase.com/en/bg/18/63

No comments:

Post a Comment